Walk-Up Trail to Top of Stone Mountain
Guests looking for a little more adventure during their visit can take the 1-mile trek to the top of the mountain.
The Walk-Up Trail is open daily from dawn to dusk, unless otherwise posted. Just follow the painted yellow line along the trail and enjoy the unique scenery and spectacular views along the way. Restrooms are located at the base of the trail. While on top, 1,686 feet above sea level, enjoy amazing views of downtown Atlanta, the North Georgia mountains and the surrounding area. On a haze-free day, you can see 60 miles from the mountain!
Access to park trails is including with a daily or annual parking pass.
- Emergency call boxes are located along the trail and in the parking lot.
- Pets are not allowed on the Walk-Up Trail.
- This trail is not recommended for people with limiting physical conditions and is not wheelchair accessible.
- Appropriate footwear should be worn.
- The mountain is very slippery when wet.