Play Safe Together
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, we are limiting attendance at our theme parks during our phased reopening.
Social distancing guidelines are limiting the capacity of the park on a daily basis. Both passholders and general admission guests will be required to reserve the date you wish to visit the park to remain socially distanced. Additionally, you will experience limited capacity on rides and attractions as well as in certain buildings and walkways throughout the parks.
In accordance with the social distancing guidelines, our indoor theaters and indoor play areas where adequate social distancing cannot be maintained will be temporarily closed.
Currently, daily admission for Members and general guests includes access to Dinosaur Explore—An All New Experience, Historic Square, Scenic Railroad & Mini Golf.
Capacity for Summit Skyride will be managed separately using Add-Ons to reservations.
Summit Skyride is available as an Add-On for Members and Attractions Pass ticket holders. Members may reserve complimentary time slots using the Member reservation system. Attractions Pass ticket purchasers may reserve time slots for $5 each in the Add-On section during check-out.
The guidelines for operation require social distancing in our restaurants and shops. We will be following those guidelines and will be reducing capacity at restaurants and in shops.
- Respect each other as well as our employees; verbal abuse of other guests or our employees will not be tolerated.
- Wear a mask covering nose and mouth in areas where you cannot socially distance outdoors while on property, except while eating or drinking. You should be stationary and maintain appropriate Social Distancing while eating and drinking.
- Refrain from fighting, horseplay, taunting or threatening remarks & gestures.
- Do not create disruption with behavior that is unruly, disruptive or illegal.
- Follow instructions from employees regarding operations and procedures.
Any Guest who fails to comply with the Terms of Sale, including without limitation those listed above, may at the discretion of Stone Mountain Park have their Ticket revoked or confiscated by Stone Mountain Park here with no refund of any amount paid therefor. Upon such revocation or confiscation, the applicable Guest and all members of their party shall have no right to remain in, on, or about the Property. Stone Mountain Park reserves the right to ban such individuals from future admission to all or any of its Properties or from participation in any Herschend Family Entertainment Activities.
*A full list of Terms and Conditions applicable to your visit are set forth in the Terms of Sale, which may be found online at StoneMountainPark.com or picked up at Guest Services. Your purchase of a Ticket and entering the premises constitutes your agreement to and acceptance of the Terms of Sale.
For the protection of each other and our guests, our employees will wear masks. Our guests (2 years and older) will also be required to wear a face mask or face covering in areas where visitors cannot socially distance outdoors except for mealtimes and designated mask-free break zones at Stone Mountain Park.
Facial coverings in line with CDC’s guidelines are considered appropriate for your visit, and should cover an individual’s nose and mouth. Costume masks and veils will not be considered as facial coverings and are not permitted.
Yes, guests will be required to wear face masks or face coverings on all attractions.
We have arranged tables and seating so that guests can remove their face coverings while they eat. But we ask that they wear them at all other times.
Guests not feeling well, should choose another day to visit. In addition, employees not feeling well will be sent home.
As of April 12, 2021, we have adjusted our COVID-19 safety requirements to the following:
- Per the CDC’s guidelines on safe outdoor activities, our outdoor areas, where six feet of distance can be maintained between parties, are now mask-optional spaces. Guest masking is required at all ticketing areas, park entry, on rides and trams, in queues, all indoor areas and areas where guests cannot socially distance outdoors.
- Guests and employees are still required to participate in a self-assessment health screening prior to entry, but temperature checks are no longer part of the process.
- Areas of the property where masks are will be clearly marked and strictly enforced.
- Employees will continue to wear masks at all times while on the property.
As knowledge about COVID-19 has evolved, the CDC updated its recommendations and guidelines related to COVID-19. We are confident that our updated policies, which follow the CDC’s guidelines, will make our properties even more accessible while maintaining a safe and family-friendly environment.
The current CDC guidelines state that as long as six feet of distance can be maintained between parties outdoors, it is safe to not wear a mask.
Yes, all employees and vendors are required to wear masks. Employees are either issued (2) washable reusable masks or provided a clean mask when they arrive and will wear throughout their shift. Staff have also been thoroughly trained on hygiene practices.
COVID-19 is worldwide pandemic. A significant portion of individuals with COVID-19 lack symptoms and that even those who eventually develop symptoms can transmit the virus to others before showing symptoms. The CDC has determined that wearing a cloth face covering or mask can slow the spread of COVID-19. Because the contraction of COVID-19 places a direct threat on the health of our guests and employees, cloth face coverings or masks are required of all guests. We will continue to monitor the situation going forward.
The state of medical knowledge is evolving, however, the CDC has currently determined that the virus spreads from person-to-person contact. People can be infected and show no symptoms and therefore spread the disease. Wearing a mask or face covering reduces the likelihood of spreading the virus through airborne respiratory droplets, when talking, sneezing, and coughing. Therefore, the CDC recommends widespread use of cloth masks when six feet of social distancing cannot be maintained.
Wearing a mask or face covering in designated required areas shows mutual respect and care for fellow guests and hosts, when social distancing requirements cannot be maintained.
Guests will only be granted access to the property if they arrive wearing an appropriate and approved face covering. Once in the park, masks are not required in outdoor areas with ample space (more than six-feet). Mask-required areas, such as outdoor areas where six-feet of distance cannot be maintained and all indoor spaces, are clearly designated and marked with visual and written signage.
Children 1 and under
While actively eating or drinking – both at a restaurant or while walking/sitting
When taking photos
While swimming or on an attraction where you will get wet (water slides/rides)
While showering/changing clothes in an approved water park facility
While in a lounge chair or occupying a private, rented space (Such as Cabanas at water parks) if 6 ft. can be maintained between groups
Guests are encouraged to bring a mask with them when visiting. However, masks will be provided for guests in need. We recommend reviewing the CDC's webpage on appropriate daily-use facemask for additional guidance
Under the current guidelines, we are requiring people who have been vaccinated to adhere to the safety standards.
We will be limiting capacity on our available attractions as well as implementing time-based reservations for select attractions including Summit Skyride.
Floor markings will be placed in queue areas to help ensure social distancing. Hand sanitizer will also be positioned in attraction areas for guests to sanitize their hands before and after enjoying an attraction.
Yes, most of our dining establishments will be open. We have implemented new operational procedures to keep our guests and employees safe including social distancing measures, frequent cleaning and food safety training.
Yes, capacity will be limited inside our restaurants to allow for adequate social distancing measures.
We take cleanliness and hygiene seriously and we will be increasing efforts to help prevent the spread of germs. We’re adding hand-sanitation and portable hand washing stations throughout the park, rigorous and frequent cleaning of highly touched surfaces and increased hygiene signage in public and employee areas. We’re following guidelines from the CDC on prevention and encourage our guests to do the same.
In addition, we are providing alcohol-based hand sanitizer throughout the parks and attractions. Also, our employees will be cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces frequently throughout the day.
CDC guidelines recommend frequent hand washing as a way to stop the spread of germs and help prevent the spread of communicable diseases.
We communicated to Members expiring in April, 2020 that their Memberships would be valid for an additional 30 days after re-opening. Memberships that expired in May, 2020 will receive 60 days and Memberships expiring June 2020 through March 2021 will receive 90 days.
We are extending Pre-K/Companion Passes an additional 30 days thru the end of September.
We are committed to making our time together as safe as we can. For all of our safety, we have adopted a variety of operating procedures in accordance with the CDC and state recommendations to help reduce the spread of germs. These new health and safety measures will help us play safe together.
Our intent is to create a great experience for you and your family while being responsible in helping to reduce the exposure to COVID-19. The Reservation System will allow us to manage the social distancing requirements on the park by limiting entry to set attendance levels.
Some shows, special events and festivals have been temporarily closed or canceled. Please visit the Festivals & Events page for the latest information and updates.
- We have increased hand sanitizer locations throughout the front desk, General Store and in the restrooms (comfort stations).
- Guests are required to wear a mask when checking in, in the general store and in public areas.
- While visiting the General Store, we ask you to please practice social distancing, keeping your family 6 feet from others around you. Please limit large group gatherings while inside the building.
- The laundry room is open. Please be courteous of other guests and maintain the recommended social distance of 6 feet.
- To minimize exposure to areas with high touch, our playgrounds and pool are currently closed as we work towards a solution that meets sanitation and social distancing guidelines.
- Our employees will be cleaning high touch surfaces frequently using EPA-registered disinfectants throughout the property.
- We ask that you know and follow CDC guidelines on protecting yourself and others.
- Our employees will undergo temperature checks prior to reporting to work. Those with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater, will not be working. All employees will be required to wear face masks and other PPE while working with guests.