Explore, discover and learn at Stone Mountain Park’s Homeschool Day on September 25. Homeschool students will enjoy a day full of educational opportunities, adventure, and play.
Special ticket pricing:
Includes access to Homeschool Day educational events, plus all-day access to Stone Mountain Park attractions and Pumpkin Festival activities.* The ticket plaza opens at 9:30 a.m. so you may redeem your tickets in advance of the programming. The park is open 10:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Homeschool Day Adventure Pass:
|Adult/Child (3 and up)
||$18 (plus tax)
Education programs include:
- Train Talk Q & A- What weighs 350 tons and can move around the mountain at 15 mph? We'll bring you up to speed with cool facts about Stone Mountain Park's Scenic Railroad. (10:30 a.m. at Railroad Depot in Crossroads)
- Learn about the Lasershow – What goes faster than 670 million miles per hour and is as big as a mountain? Discover the magic and science behind the worlds longest running Lasershow Spectacular. (12 p.m. in the 4-D Theater)
- Skyride Fun Facts – Do you know how high above sea level the Skyride gondola travels and at what speed? Discover the inner workings of Stone Mountain’s famous lift to the top of the mountain. (1 p.m. at the Skyride)
- Plantation & Farmyard - Stroll through 100 years of Georgia history with one of the largest collections of 18th & 19th century buildings and artifacts and then visit the farmyard where kids can pet and interact with friendly sheep, goats and pigs. (11 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Learn about Antebellum Life, Georgia's Colonial history and the Civil War in Georgia with live interactive demonstrations from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. in the Antebellum Plantation.
- Discovering Stone Mountain Museum – This museum features 12,000 years of Stone Mountain History with many artifacts and stories.
- 12th Annual Pumpkin Festival – Sneak Peek of Pumpkin Festival shows and activities included in the Adventure Pass.
- Ride The Ducks – This lively amphibious tour culminates with a big splash into Stone Mountain Lake. It is not included in the Adventure Pass but can be added at a reduced rate.
- Ride The Ducks Education Video – View our Ride the Ducks education video in the small theater of the Memorial Hall Museum and learn about Rosie the Riveter and how the DUKW’s operated. The video runs continuously throughout the day.
- 15 miles of wooded nature trails
- Complete your day at other family favorites such as Geyser Towers, SkyHike, Mini-Golf, Summit Skyride, The Great Barn, Scenic Railroad and the 4-D Theater.
*On the date of your visit, Ride The Ducks may be added to your Adventure Pass for only $9 (plus tax). Offer is valid for all active homeschool families with a state issued photo ID plus a valid Declaration of Intent.