Fishing is permitted on the lake from 6:00 a.m. until Midnight. We have five types of fish in the lake: bass, carp, crappie, catfish, and bream.
You must have a valid Georgia Fishing License. To purchase a Fishing License online, click here
Private boats are allowed on the lake each day of the week during daylight hours. Boats must be launched from the Public Boat Ramp located near the Evergreen Pavilion. Outboard motors in excess of 10 hp are not allowed on the lake. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on any privately-owned boat. For a detailed overview of park ordinances (sections 4-102 & 4-103), click here.
- Fishing from bridges, Park docks, the Evergreen Pavilion, golf courses and beach areas is prohibited.
- No private boats are allowed on the lake after daylight hours.
- All motorized boats must be registered with the Georgia Department of Natural Resources.
- Boats must be equipped with U.S. Coast Guard-approved flotation devices for each person on-board and at least one (1) throwable device.
- Boats may only be launched from the Private Boat Ramp on Stonewall Jackson Drive (near the entrance to Evergreen).
- Park-owned boats have right-of-way over all other boats.