Get a duck’s-eye view of WWII as you experience one of the most innovative transport vehicles in military history.
Rosie the Riveter introduces your students to the amphibious DUKW vehicle and the important role that American women played in the creation of this ingenious land-and-water truck with a classroom presentation, authentic WWII military artifacts and a historic video. Then, climb aboard and learn first-hand how the Duck operates as you take a ride and, of course, splash down in Stone Mountain Lake! (You may even get to drive!)
(SS5H6, SS5E1, SSUSH19)
- Days Available: Monday - Friday (excluding Sept. 26, Oct. 29 - 31, 2014)
- Times Available: 10:00 a.m. & 11:30 a.m.
- Recommended Grade Levels: 5th grade and Up. This program is not recommended for day camps, day cares, or schools with varied ages under 10 years old.
- Program Only: $12.00 + tax per person
- Program + One Attraction: $16 + tax per person - Select from these attractions: 4-D Theater, The Great Barn, Scenic Railroad, Discovering Stone Mountain Museum or Summit Skyride
- Program + Adventure Pass**: $19 + tax per person
We were completely satisfied with the educational content of this program and would definitely recommend it to another teacher. The students learned so much from "Rosie". I have to say that this is the best Math and Science field trip we have ever had. Captain Joanne was AWESOME! The program was Jam up!"
Lori Adams 6-8 Grade Math/Science Teacher
Wheeler County Middle School
*Some craft demonstrations and attractions may be substituted without notice due to crowd conditions, inclement weather or maintenance.
**Adventure Pass (available select dates in the Fall and Spring)
Stone Mountain Park can provide your group with Meal Tickets (available on select dates) or an all you can eat catered buffet lunch, served in a private, covered picnic pavilion. Meal tickets include one entrée, side and a drink. View the full list of options here. Catered picnic lunches include two entrees, two sides, dessert and drinks (a minimum of 50 is required for picnic lunches). Stone Mountain Park also offers several picnic areas available on a first come, first serve basis, the Studdard Picnic Area and the Triangle Picnic Area.
For further information or to purchase meal options for your trip, please contact the Group Sales Department at 770-498-5636 or email email@example.com.